HOTSPOT ENERGY-DC Air Conditioner 12,000 BTU DC Air Conditioner Off-Grid
DC Solar Air Conditioners
Two Choices: All-DC or Hybrid AC-DC Solar Air Conditioners
• ON-GRID Select the ACDC12C hybrid AC-DC air conditioner to use up to solar power during the day and normal power when the sun is not shining. Uses 3 or more PV solar panels and NO BATTERIES are required. The ACDC12 does not require but is recommended for use with a grid connection.
• OFF-GRID - Select the DC4812VRF DC Air Conditioner when you don't have or can't rely on grid power. Uses 3, 6 or more PV solar panels along with batteries. The DC4812VRF is a 100% DC unit and requires no grid connection. Ideal for solar or telecom use.
Uses DC solar power and AC grid power, mixed
Compare DC/Solar Air Conditioners
AC-DC Hybrid Solar Air Conditioners
All-DC 48v DC Air Conditioners
|Uses DC solar power and AC grid power, mixed||Uses solar or other source of DC power only|
|Optional grid connection||No grid connection required|
|No batteries required||Batteries required (min. 4 x 12v, deep cycle)|
|Uses 3x or more >/= 300w PV solar panels||Uses 3, 6, 9 etc. PV solar panels, 250w-350w|
|R410a Heat Pump - Cooling & Heating||R410a Heat Pump - Cooling & Heating|
|12,000 BTU Variable Speed/Capacity||12,000 BTU Variable Speed/Capacity|
|Daytime Only or 24 Hour Operation w/ Grid Connection||Select 9, 15, 20 or 24 Hours per Day Operation|
|Simple installation like normal minisplit, just add solar||Simple installation like normal minisplit, add DC power|
|Built with SeaSpray™Anti-Corrosion Technology*||Built with SeaSpray™ Anti-Corrosion Technology*|
Below: ACDC12 AC-DC Hybrid solar air conditioner system design. Uses 3 solar panels and no batteries.
Below: All-DC air conditioner system design.
SeaSpray™ Anti-Corrosion Technology
HotSpot manufactures high efficiency solar air conditioners that are designed to make the best use of small amounts of energy. The solar technology saves money and can allow operation in the absence of grid power. As you would expect, this technology makes solar air conditioners cost more than standard AC units. With that in mind, HotSpot builds its solar air conditioners to last longer, particularly in harsh environments where salt or acidic air can quickly ruin a standard air conditioner, by using SeaSpray Anti-Corrosion Technology.
Designed mainly for coastal and/or island areas where salty mist, saline fog, or salt spray may come in contact with critical air conditioner components, the SeaSpray technology protects the internal electronic and mechanical components from corrosion.
What is included in SeaSpray Anti-Corrosion Technology?
1. The aluminum fins of both the indoor and outdoor heat exchanger are manufactured with a special manufacturing process for increased durability and corrosion resistance. This special SiO2 nanotech process provides a nanometer layer of silica (similar to glass) on the aluminum fins, protecting the fins from corrosive salts and chemicals contained within the air and prolonging the life of the condenser and evaporator.
2. The compressor is hermetically sealed to prevent any type of moisture, salt, dust, or other airborne contaminants from harming the internal electromechanical components.
3. Sealed fan motors prevent corrosion and prevent dust for longer life.
SeaSpray Anti-Corrosion Technology is designed to extend the operating life of an air conditioner in harsh and salt air environments. It is not designed to make the exterior of the air conditioner corrosion-proof. Even though we add extra layers of paint on the outdoor units, as with all outdoor equipment enclosed within metal housings, over time you may experience cosmetic corrosion on the exterior of the housing that does not affect the operation or lifespan of the air conditioner.
How is SeaSpray Anti-Corrosion Technology different?
Note that with most air conditioner manufacturers, "corrosion resistance" efforts are nothing more than the addition of extra layers of paint on the outdoor unit enclosures and they ignore the additional protection needed for the internal electronic or electromechanical components. We won't insult your intelligence with a purely cosmetic approach. Even though we paint the outdoor enclosures as well as possible, the main goal of the SeaSpray Anti-Corrosion Technology is to take care of the internal parts that make the air conditioner run properly for a longer time.
SeaSpray™ is a trademark of HotSpot Energy Inc.. SeaSpray is automatically included in all ACDC12 units and in all DC4812VRF units.
AMRtechnologies Solar & Electrical Systems
Tel: (+506) 2438-3246 or (+506) 2438-3272
Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America