The SureSine™ is a pure sine wave inverter delivering AC power in off-grid solar applications, including rural electrification, telecom, remote homes, RVs, caravans and boats. A cast, anodized aluminum enclosure with no internal cooling fan needed ensures long-term reliability in the harshest conditions. The SureSine’s combination of performance, features and competitive price provides the best small inverter value on the market. It is highly reliable, having no internal cooling fan or other moving parts prone to failure.
features and benefits
Improved Load Operation
• Pure Sine Wave – provides quality AC equivalent to grid power.
Toroidal transformer design generates good wave form throughout the range of input voltages. 600W peak/surge power.
• Outstanding Surge Capability – handles a 200% surge during
load start-up, to a maximum of 600W.
More Power Available
• High Efficiency – a high peak efficiency will reduce heating and
make more solar energy available for powering loads.
• Low Self-Consumption – The SureSine consumes only 450mA of
current during operation with a full sine-wave present at the AC
output. During periods where no load is detected, solar energy
is not wasted because the SureSine automatically powers down
to standby mode, reducing self-consumption to one-tenth of
Extremely High Reliability
• Extensive Electronic Protections – the SureSine has
extensive electronic protections that will automatically protect
against faults and user mistakes such as short circuit, overload,
high temperature and low voltage disconnect. Recovery from
most faults is automatic.
• No Internal Cooling Fan – a key design objective since fans often
fail in harsh environments and are noisy, consume power and
blow dirt into the electronics.
• Tropicalization – the SureSine uses epoxy encapsulation,
conformal coating, stainless steel hardware, and an anodized
aluminum enclosure to protect against harsh tropical and marine
• More Information – the two LEDs provide important information
to the user about system status and any fault conditions. An
optional digital meter may be connected to the SureSine to
display additional system information.
• Remote On/Off – improves safety by making it easy to install
the SureSine in an inaccessible location or enclosure. Reduces
system cost by avoiding the need to add an AC safety disconnect
to the system.
• Adjustability & Communications – four DIP switches provide
easy adjustability of several system parameters. Additional
adjustability is possible using Morningstar’s USB MeterBus
Adapter (UMC-1) to connect to a PC. Free 3rd-party MODBUS
software is available for custom programming. IP-based
communication, including SNMP, is enabled through
Morningstar’s Ethernet MeterBus Converter (EMC-1).