Due to global supply chain constraints lead times for shipments may be delayed. We are actively working with our suppliers to mitigate shortages and improve lead times. If you have questions, please contact your AMRtechnologiesInc. representative at 1-800-213-0227 or submit your question AMRtechsolar@gmail.com
AmazingE-ACS-20, 16 Amp, Level 1 EVSE, 120V, with 25 ft cable
ACS-20, 16 Amp, Level 1 EVSE, 120V, Hardwired, Up to 8 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
INEXPENSIVE TO INSTALL. INEXPENSIVE TO OPERATE. ClipperCreek’s ACS-20 provides a low-power charging option perfect for your long-term charging needs. This hardwired 120V unit eliminates the need for a GFCI outlet providing a more reliable charge. Ideal for long-term airport charging, employee parking, and residential use.
What is the Difference Between a Hardwired EVSE Installation and a Plug-in Installation?
So you’ve done your research and decided on the electric car you’re going to buy, and you’re ready for the next big step: figuring out what kind of charging station to buy.
The first major thing to consider when getting a charging station is making sure you have a
safety-certified charging station and you have the capacity in your electrical panel to install a charging station. To assist you with investigating your panel capacity for safety, check out.
The next consideration will be whether you purchase a hardwired charging station or a plug-in unit.
So, what’s the difference? Let’s start with the plug-in charging stations.
Plug-In EV Charging Stations
A plug-in EV charging station connects to power by inserting the supplied plug into a matching receptacle (outlet). Plug-in units don’t have conduit like hardwired stations, but instead have a
high-quality 240V supply cord that is 12 inches in length. This measurement includes the plug itself and is the longest plug length allowed per National Electric Code.
All ClipperCreek charging stations are safety certified by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory and must meet the requirements of UL 2594 and National Electric Code Article 625. If a charging station is available with a supply plug length of longer than 12 inches the product is likely not safety certified.
Before you purchase a plug-in model there are few things to consider about plug and outlet safety.
Plug and Outlet Safety
- For personal safety, the circuit breaker MUST be turned off prior to plugging in AND/OR unplugging 240V appliances (including EVSE).
- Residential 240 Volt plugs are specifically designed for occasional relocation, such as moving from one home to another. Most outlets are not rated for consistent plugging and unplugging.
- A dedicated NEMA receptacle (outlet) is highly recommended. NEMA outlets wear out over time particuarly when repeated insertion and removal of NEMA plug occur. It is recommended that plug-in EVSE remain plugged in.
- Check the receptacle to be sure it is not worn. A worn receptacle can cause the plug connection to overheat and become a fire hazard. Do not use a plug that gets excessively hot.
- Have an electrician verify all wiring to the outlet is correct and in compliance with local code requirements before connecting the EVSE.
- Do not use an EVSE with an extension cord or wall plug adapter. Plug the EV charger directly into the receptacle.
- Ensure that the EVSE is mounted to the wall or placed on a support so it does not hang from the receptacle. Receptacles are not designed to support the weight of the EVSE.
Plug Types for EV Chargers
If you decide to purchase a plug-in charging station you will also need to decide on which plug type you will purchase. With 240V plugs / outlets there is no standard type which is why ClipperCreek offers a wide variety of 240V plugs with our charging stations to fit your needs. Some homes already have a 240V outlet and you can order the plug that matches what you already have! This allows you to simply mount the station and plug in to start charging your electric vehicle.
If you don’t already have a 240V outlet, you can have an electrician install a new outlet which matches the plug you purchase. Once the outlet is installed, simply mount the station to the wall, plug-in, and start charging!
Hardwired EV Charging Stations
Hardwired charging stations can typically be installed indoors or outdoors; check with the manufacturer. All ClipperCreek charging stations, whether they are hardwired or plug-in, are rated for installation both indoors and outdoors.
A hardwired station has three feet of flexible conduit coming from the top or bottom of the station (depending on the model) and service wires that come out of the conduit about six inches for easy installation into a junction box.
When it comes to installation, hardwired units are typically more permanent and are always recommended for outdoor installations as hardwiring the appliance provides a better and more weather resistant connection to power. They can be moved, but you’d probably need to have an electrician come out to uninstall and then reinstall the unit at your new location. With a hardwired station the supply power wires from the station will be connected directly to the power wires coming from the electrical panel (circuit breaker).
The ACS-20 features:
- LOW PROFILE - One of the smallest units in the industry
- QUALITY - Technology that works for the life of your current plug-in vehicle and then some
- CONVENIENCE - 25 feet of charging cable for installation and operation flexibility
- DURABILITY - Rugged, fully sealed NEMA 4 enclosure for installation anywhere
- RELIABILITY - Backed by ClipperCreek’s 3-year warranty and excellent customer service team
- Automatic circuit reclosure after minor power fault - if your car can be charged, it will be charged
- Lockable SAE J1772 Connector
- Wall Mount SAE J1772 Connector Holster Included
- Connector Lock & Keys Included
- Safety Certified by UL and ETL LISTED
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- Cable Cradle - The ClipperCreek Cable Cradle mounts to a wall near your electric vehicle charging station or connector holster to easily manage the cable, keeping it off the ground and wall when not in use (charging station and connector holster sold separately).
|Charging Power||16 Amp (1.9kW max)|
|Product Dimensions||11"L x 4"W x 3"D|
|Product Weight||5.2 lbs.|
|Installation||Hardwired (3 foot service whip provided)|
|Supply Circuit||Dedicated 120V, 20A|
|Charge Cable Length||25 feet|
|Vehicle Connector Type||Lockable SAE J1772|
|Accessories Included||SAE J1772 Connector Holster (wall mount); Connector Lock & Keys|
|Enclosure||Fully Sealed NEMA 4|
|Environment Rating||Indoor/Outdoor rated|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)|
|Certifications||ETL, cETL, UL ,cUL, ENERGY STAR®|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
This Product does not include Tax and shipping costs. International shipping is subject to regulations and Import Taxation of Country of destination.
AMRtechnologies Inc. Solar & Electrical Systems
Tel: (+506) 7037-8077 or Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America