Due to global supply chain constraints lead times for shipments may be delayed. We are actively working with our suppliers to mitigate shortages and improve lead times. If you have questions, please contact your AMRtechnologiesInc. representative at 1-800-213-0227 or submit your question AMRtechsolar@gmail.com
DANKOFF Solar Pumps-Dankoff Solar Force Piston Pump For 24 Volt Battery Systems and 220 Feet Max Lift & 4.7 GPMems
The Dankoff Solar Force Piston Pump model 3020 is available in 12VDC, 24VDC, 48VDC, 115VAC and 230VAC. The DC models are available in battery versions or PV-direct. The maximum suction lift of the pump is 25 feet at sea level. For every 1,000 feet of elevation, the pump loses 1 foot of suction lift. For example: If your elevation is at 5,000 feet, the maximum suction lift of the pump will be 20 feet. It's always best to limit the suction lift as much as possible. By placing the pump closer to the water source, it will run more efficiently and quietly. A noisy pump can indicate that your total suction lift exceeds the pump's specifications. This pump can tolerate dirt and dry run conditions. It also has mechanical drive capabilities if your solar system fails. It allows you to use the pump with a hand-lever or an engine.
Important: Adjust the precharge" air properly. You must do this with water exhausted from the tank, so that your water pressure is zero. Then, set the air pressure to 2 or 3 PSI below your cut-in pressure. If you readjust your pressure switch settings, remember to adjust the precharge again. If you plan to use a pressurized system, the pressure tank must be a minimum of 60 gallon size.
- Intake: 1.25" Female Pipe Thread
- Outlet: 1" Female Pipe Thread
- 22" L x 13" W x 16" H
- Weight: 115 pounds
- Warranty: 2 Years
|Total Vertical Lift||Model #3020|
Use Solar-Electric Power for water lift or pressurizing from shallow water sources. Provides as much as 5600 Gallons per day (21,000 ltrs.) pushing as high as 230 Feet (70m) or 100 PSI (7 kg/sq. cm)
Solar Force Piston Pump draws water from a shallow well, spring, pond, river or tank. It can push water uphill and over long distances for home, village, irrigation or livestock uses. It can use power directly from a photovoltaic array, or from storage batteries, to fill a storage tank or to pressurize water.
Solar Force is . . .
Ultra-Efficient: Uses less power than ANY other pump in its range
Economical: Reduces power system cost by 25-75% compared to centrifugal or AC pumps
Solar-Direct Application: Starts pumping in low light conditions
Pressurizing Application: DC version is most efficient. AC version uses a low-surge PM motor that greatly reduces starting surge, inverter size, and wire size requirements (when compared to conventional AC pumps).
Rugged and Reliable: Proven design with a 20-year life expectancy. Simple to maintain with common tools (2-6 yr. maintenance interval)
Good Tolerance for Dirt and Dry Run
Mechanical Drive allows engine or hand-lever backup
Illustrated Instruction Manual makes it easy for anyone to install and service, with no previous experience.
"We have one pump that serves a community of 30 people and visitors. It more than adequately meets our needs." Brother Philip, Christ in the Desert Monastary, Abiquiu, New Mexico
"I want to tell you how happy I am with our Solar Force Piston Pump. What a workhorse! Gallon for gallon, the price of the pump is well worth it in quality and performance." R.S., Molokai, Hawaii
"Nothing will pump more water per watt than the Solar Force -- Nothing! And, it's built like a tank. I've seen similar pumps 50 years old, still working." Larry Elliot, Solar Tech, Bend, Oregon
Reading the Chart
- Total Lift = Vertical Distance from surface of the water source to the pipe outlet or top of storage tank
- Model Designation: V=Voltage, B=Battery Model, PV=PV Array-Direct Model
- 12, 24, 48, 90 VDC
Note: PV-Direct full working voltage is typically 20% higher than nominal (example: 29 Volts for a 24V system)
- 115V or 230V AC, 50-60Hz
25 vertical feet (7.6m) at sea level. Subtract 1 foot for every 1000 ft. elevation (1m for every 1000m). Suction capacity may be further limited by intake pipe friction or gasses in water. Intake piping should be minimum 1 inch (3010, 3020 models) or minimum 1 1/4 inch (3040). For best reliability, place the pump as close to the water source as possible.
- Cast iron body
- Brass cylinder and valve seats
- Leather cup piston seals
- Neoprene valve seals
- Oil-bath crankcase with PTFE oil additive
- Gear (timing) belt drive on PV models
- Standard V-belt on B models
- Pressure relief valve
- Permanent Magnet DC Motor
- Solar-Direct Systems: Chart indicates power (watts) required at the pump. The rated power of the PV array must exceed this number by 20% or more. A pump controller (linear current booster) is required for the pump to start and run in varying light conditions. A solar tracker may be used to increase daily yield (40-55% in summer).
- Pressurizing Systems: Battery power system, pressure switch, and pressure tank of minimum 60 gallon (230 l) size (captive-air tank, available locally)
- Foot valve (if pump is placed higher than water source)
- Foot Valve FV-3000 (1-1/4 inch) required if pump is placed higher than water source
- Pressure Switch: Heavy Duty DC rated, for pressurizing systems
- Surge Tank: Absorbs pulsation if long piping is required between pump outlet and tank (Included with PV models)
- Seal & Gasket Set : Spare gaskets, rod and valve seals, two sets of piston seals, and a belt
- Long-Term Parts Kit: The above, plus a second belt, motor brushes, cylinder sleeve, 2 oil changes
- Easy Installation Kit includes: Pressure Switch, Pressure Gauge, Check , Drain & Shut-Off Valves, & Tank Tee (manifold)
- Intake: 1 1/4 inch female pipe thread
- Outlet: 1 inch female pipe thread
- 22 X 13 X 16 in. High (56 X 33 X 41 cm)
- With Surge Tank, 26 in. High (60 cm)
- Weight, max. 80 lbs (36 kg) (Shipped in 2 or 3 parcels)
- 2 years against defects in materials and workmanship
|Surface Pumps Comparison|
|Surface pumps for lifting and/or pressurizing water / 1 PSI = 2.307 ft. of|
|Surface Pumps||Min Lift (ft)||Max Lift (ft)||Min Lift (PSI)||Max Lift (PSI)||Min GPM||Max GPM||Pump Type||Dirt Tolerant||Filtration Required||Dry-run Tolerant|
Solar Slowpumps 15xxx*
|0||440||0||191||0.4||4||rotary vane||N||10 mic||N|
Solar Slowpumps 14xx and 26xx
|160||440||69||191||1||4||rotary vane||N||10 mic||N|
Flowlight Booster Pumps 16xxx**
|69||150||30||65||3||4||rotary vane||N||10 mic||N|
SunCentric Pumps 7xxx
SolarForce PistonPumps 30xx
Solaram Pumps 8xxx
This Product does not include Tax and shipping costs. International shipping is subject to regulations and Import Taxation of Country of destination.
Tel: (+506) 7037-8077 or Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America