Midnite Solar-The Kid MPPT Solar Charge Controller in Black
NOTE: The standard version of The Kid does not come with a battery temperature sensor. It must be purchased separately.
IMPORTANT: Input, output, and load negatives must be isolated. They are not internally connected. Inaccurate current readings and damage may result from improper wiring. Load Positive is internally connected to Battery Positive. Loads are switched in the negative leg.
THE KID IS CERTIFIED TO UL1741 & UL458 (MARINE SUPPLEMENT)
With the UL458 marine supplement, THE KID meets very strict vibration, environment, and thermal requirements.
Comes standard with wall mounting bracket. Model number MNKID-B for the Black standard and MNKID-W for the White standard version. Standard versions can be cut into the wall for a flush mount assembly and also come with a surface mount wall adapter to mount on the wall.
AGS (Auto Generator Start)
The Kid is the first charge controller in the industry to feature a two wire Automatic Generator Start (AGS) as standard equipment. The KID detects when the generator is running by simply watching battery voltage over time. No extra wires or voltage sensing is required making installation a snap.
The Kid has a fully adjustable intelligent lighting controller built in. It can turn lighting on at dusk for a select number of hours, turn it off for a length of time and then back on for a programmable number of hours before dawn. All time functions are fully adjustable, allowing users to save valuable energy. An additional feature in the lighting controller allows you to adjust the voltage needed on the PV module for the Kid to register "daytime". This is important if you are using the Kid for a solar street light and the lights are located above the PV modules. Most controllers would end up leaving the light off all night, but not the KID!
The Kid also has the ability to give amperage readings with the optional Whiz Bang Jr and a 50mv/500A shunt.
- Now includes AGS (Auto Generator Start)
- MPPT Tracking
- Type 1 environmental rating
- True paralleling - Inputs and Outputs for two KIDs
- Up to 150V input
- MidNite's exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Lighting Controller: dusk-dawn, hourly, day, night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output with low input voltage based off of PV configuration
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper.
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (Boat mount bracket included on marine versions)
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
This Product does not include Tax and shipping costs. International shipping is subject to regulations and Import Taxation of Country of destination.
AMRtechnologies Inc. Solar & Electrical Systems
Tel: (+506) 7037-8077 or Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America