OUTBACK POWER-GS4048A-AC 4kW Radian Inverter/Charger
Outback Radian GS4048A-01 4,000 Watt Inverter/Charger
- Grid-interactive and stand-alone capability in the same package
- 4000 Watts of continuous power | GSLC load center option allows for quick and easy installation
- GridZero Technology minimizes grid dependence | Field serviceable modular design
- Unsurpassed surge capacity | Dual AC inputs
- Field adjustable input/output voltage and frequency boundries
This is the Radian Advanced. The main difference between the standard Radian and the advanced Radian is that the advanced model can charge a wider variety of battery types. It also has more advanced diagnostics and a superior energy management program.
The Radian series is the newest inverter from Outback Power. Unlike other Outback models, the Radian is capable of 120/240 volts AC output using just a single unit. While you can combine up to 10 Radian inverters in parallel for 40,000 watts, it's not necessary to use more than one Radian if your power consumption is less than 4,000 watts. If you plan to parallel multiple units for more power, a HUB4 or HUB10 communications manager is necessary. The Radian Advanced is only available in a 48 volt DC input.
These units are referred to as grid-interactive. It can be used as a standard grid-tie inverter and offset your utility bill or it can work as an off-grid system. In the event that you lose utility power, the Radian will take over by keeping your house powered. The length of time you will have backup power will depend upon the storage capacity of your battery bank. If you have a generator, the Radian's built-in charger can be used to keep your batteries full. If inclement weather prevents your solar array from charging your batteries, a generator can save the day (and your batteries).
When used in conjunction with the GSLC load center, installation is fast and easy. Generally, the installation can be completed by the home owner. However, be sure to check with your local electrical inspector and utility company for local laws and regulations when connecting to the grid. Some jurisdictions require grid-interactive inverters to be installed by licensed electricians.
- Continuous Output Power: 4000 VA
- Input Voltage: 48 VDC
- AC Output Voltage: 120/240 VAC
- Pure Sine Wave Output
- Overload Capability (5 seconds): 6,000 VA
- Overload Capability (30 minutes): 4,500 VA
- Idle Power Consumption: 34 Watts
- Battery Charger Maximum DC Output: 57.5 ADC
- Field Upgradeable Firmware
- Non-Volatile Memory
- Weight: 82 lbs.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 28" x 16" x 8.7"
Warranty: 5 Years
Tel: (+506) 2438-3246 or (+506) 2438-3272
Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America