MORNINGSTAR-ProStar Charge Controller, PS-MPPT-40
Morningstar ProStar MPPT 40 Solar Charge Controller (PS-MPPT-40)
Shown w/ optional meter
The ProStar MPPT 40 solar charge controller with TrakStar Technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 1100 watts. This controller allows multiple modules in series for 12V and 24V battery systems.
Available with or without an advanced built-in meter, the ProStar MPPT 40 is ideal for industrial and residential applications. A Wire Box accessory to reduce hazards associated with exposed wires and connections can be purchased separately. Detailed battery programming options allow for advanced battery support for the latest Lithium, Nickel Cadmium, and Lead Acid battery types.
TrakStar MPPT technology provides the ability to charge 12 or 24 volt batteries with solar arrays of higher nominal voltages. A 12 volt battery bank can be charged with a 12, 24, 36 or 48V nominal off-grid solar array. Certain grid-tie solar modules may be used as long as the solar array open circuit voltage (Voc) rating will not exceed the ProStar MPPT 120V maximum input voltage rating at worst case (lowest) module temperature.
ProStar MPPT Solar Charge Controller
w/ Maximum Power Point Tracking
Rated 40 Amp Maximum Battery Current
|Morningstar Model Number||PS-MPPT-40|
|Load Current Rating||30A|
|Max PV Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||120V|
|Nominal Battery Voltage||12V or 24V|
|Nominal Max. Operating Power||12V: 550W @ 113°F
24V: 1100W @ 140°F
|Dimensions||7.9" x 6.7" x 2.8",
7.9" x 11.2" x 3.6"
w/ wire box
4.0 lbs. w/ wire box
ProStar PS-MPPT-40 Benefits
- High Reliability – conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest – using TrakStar MPPT Technology to determine and adjust to the true maximum power point as solar insolation changes throughout the day.
- High Efficiency – at low, medium, and high power levels.
- Data Logging – up to 256 days of detailed power and load data.
- Low Noise Design – meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
- Automatic PV Based Lighting Control – field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for PV lighting systems.
- MODBUS Communications – Solar Industry Standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for easy programming, control, remote data access and charge synchronization.
- High Strength – polycarbonate case and extruded aluminum heatsink.
- Self Diagnostics – continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors through its status LED’s, optional display or communication port.
- Quality Hardware - The ProStar MPPT uses stainless steel fasteners, an anodized aluminum heat sink, and conformal coating to protect it from harsh conditions.
Morningstar ProStar MPPT Warranty
All of Morningstar’s ProStar charge controllers are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) years from the date of shipment to the original end user. Morningstar will, at its option, repair or replace any such defective products.
AMRtechnologies Solar & Electrical Systems
Tel: (+506) 2438-3246 or (+506) 2438-3272
Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America