DANKOFF Solar Pumps-Flowlight Booster Pump 2920 115 Volts AC Standard Speed
Solar Pumps-Flowlight Booster Pump 115 Volts AC Standard Speed
The Flowlight Booster Pumps provide "town pressure" for off-grid home water supplies. They have longer life, greater flow rates and quieter operation than diaphragm pumps, and use about half the energy consumed by an AC jet-pump running on an inverter.
The Flowlight needs to have clean water to prevent damage to the pump head, and can also be damaged by running dry. The optional filter and Dry-Run Switch are highly recommended. To make installation easier, flexible hose connectors with ¾" threaded adaptors are included. A minimum 40 gal. pressure tank, available at any local plumbing supply store, is required for all Flowlight installations. The larger the tank size, the more water is stored under pressure, allowing the pump to come on less often and run for a longer period each time. This reduces wear on the pump. Wearing parts are replaceable and typically last 5-10 years. Overall life expectancy is 15-20 years. Pumps can be mounted horizontally or vertically.
The Standard model has the highest water flow, and should be used where suction lift is less than 10'. The Standard is available with either 12 or 24 VDC motors.
The Low-Flow model has a higher pressure capacity and should be used where suction lift is over 10' or where the suction pipe is smaller than 1" inside diameter. Maximum suction lift at sea level is 20'. Deduct 1' for each 1,000' above sea level. The Low-Flow models are available with 12, 24, or 48 VDC motors, or with a 120 VAC PM motor (300 W or larger inverter required.) Both models are NSF approved for potable water. Flowlight Booster pumps can also be used to pump saltwater. Dimensions: 5.7"W x 16.5"L. Weight 15 lbs. 1-year warranty.
Dankoff Flowlight Accessories
The E-Z Installation Kit includes an accessory tee, adjustable pressure switch, pressure gauge, check valve, drain valve, shutoff valve, and pipe nipples. All components are copper or brass. Order filter housing and filter cartridges (30" or 10") separately (see listings under "Slowpump Accessories").
The Dry-Run Switch provides automatic shut off in case the pump runs dry, preventing costly damage to the pump head.
Suction Lift: Low Speed Model 20 vertical feet (6 m); Standard Model 10 Feet (3 m) at sea level -- subtract 1 ft. for every 1000 ft. altitude (1 m for every 1000 m)
Note: Suction capacity may be further limited by intake pipe friction. Excessive suction causes cavitation (vapor bubbles) creating noise and
excessive wear. Intake piping should be 1 inch or larger. Pump should be mounted as close to the water source as possible.
Choice of Capacity
- Standard Model for highest flow
- Low Speed Model (DC only) is best if:
- Suction lift greater is than 10 feet
- Intake pipe is smaller than 1-inch size
- Extra-quiet operation is desired
Choice of Voltage
- 12 or 24 Volt DC, others (inquire)
- 115 Volt AC (low surge PM motor minimizes inverter and wire size)
- Rotary vane pump mechanism (pulsation-free)
- Solid forged brass pump body with carbon-graphite and stainless steel working parts
- NSF® approved for drinking water
- Handles sea water and dissolved minerals
- Survives most freezes
- Permanent magnet, ball bearing DC motor, thermally protected
- Clear flexible hoses and pressure relief valve included
- Battery-based power system (12V or 24V) or AC (minimum 300 watt inverter)
- Pressure Tank, captive air type. Minimum size: 40 gallon (150 l). Larger is better, to reduce cycling and increase reserve capacity.
- Available locally.
- Foot valve (if pump is placed higher than water source)
The Flowlight Booster Pump CANNOT tolerate dirt. Water must be filtered <10 microns.
- Intake Strainer/Foot Valve with fine monel metal screen, stops course debris
- Inline cartridge holder (10-inch) uses standard drinking water cartridges
- 10" filter cartridges (2 pack ) for above cartridge holder.
- Intake Filter/Foot Valve (30-inch) replaces Intake Strainer and Inline Filter (10 micron) with a single unit, best for lowering into a shallow well
- Spare 30" Filter Cartridges (5 or 10 micron spun fiber)
- Easy Installation Kit includes: Pressure Switch, Pressure Gauge, Check , Drain & Shut-Off Valves, & Tank Tee (manifold)
- Dry Run Switch prevents battery drain and pump damage if water source
- runs dry
- Pump may be mounted horizontally or vertically.
- Pump must not be submerged
- It may be placed inside a 6-inch (120 cm) or larger well casing, suspended by a rope. If casing is smaller than 10 inches, request "adapting elbows" instead of flex hoses
- Length 16.5 in (42 cm)
- Weight 15 lb (7 kg)
- Flexible hose ends have 3/4-in. male pipe thread
- 1 year against defects in materials and workmanship. Use of pump without 10 micron or less filter will void warranty.
Tel: (+506) 7037-8077 or Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America