Due to global supply chain constraints lead times for shipments may be delayed. We are actively working with our suppliers to mitigate shortages and improve lead times. If you have questions, please contact your AMRtechnologiesInc. representative at 1-800-213-0227 or submit your question AMRtechsolar@gmail.com
Outback Power FLEXmax FM80 MPPT Solar Charge Controller
NOTE: Remote battery temperature sensor is not included with this controller. It is an optional accessory for more precise battery charging.
The Outback Power FLEXmax line of charge controllers stand out among their competition as one of the very best and most versatile controllers available. OutBack’s advanced MPPT algorithm delivers as much as 30% more power to your batteries vs standard PWM controllers and other types of chargers. The maximum power point tracking (MPPT) allows the unit to determine the best combination of voltage and current to maximize the amount of power it can send to your batteries. In addition to increased power and efficiency, this also allows you to design a more efficient solar array that takes advantage of a higher voltage than your battery system voltage. The FM80 can handle up to 150 Volts DC from the solar array, which is stepped down to the battery bank voltage.
The FM80 comes with a built-in 80 character display that shows you the current system status and data logs from the last 128 days. For more advanced functions and configuration, you can connect an optional MATE system display and controller. If you are using an Outback brand inverter, you can connect the FM80 and the inverter to a single MATE3 controller using a HUB communications manager. Only the MATE3 controller is compatible with new Outback inverters.
- Nominal battery voltages: 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 Volts DC
- Maximum output current: 80 Amps DC at 104°F (40°C)
- Maximum PV array power: 12VDC systems: 1000 Watts; 24VDC systems: 2000 Watts; 48VDC systems: 4000 Watts
- Absolute maximum PV open circuit voltage: 150VDC, 145VDC start-up
- Maximum Efficiency: 98.44%
- Charging regulation stages: bulk, absorption, float, silent, & equalization
- Programmable voltage regulation and equalization set-points
- Standby power consumption: typically < 1 Watt
- Built-in programmable auxiliary control output at 12VDC and 0.2ADC
- Data logging stores the last 128 days of data: amp-hours, watt-hours, time in float, peak watts, amps, solar array voltage, max. battery voltage, min. battery voltage and absorb time, accumulated amp-hours, and kWh of production
- Active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling (built-in fan)
- Designed for indoor installation
- Dimensions: 16.25"H x 5.75"W x 4.5"D
- Weight: 12.2 lb
- 5 year warranty
Technical Note: Controller to battery wire size is important. In high power/high amperage charge controllers there can be a significant voltage drop between the output of the controller and the battery system. Leads from the PV charge controller to the battery should always be as short as possible. It is important also to use the right wire size - in many cases, the largest wire that will fit in the terminals. For example, 60 amps into a 12 volt battery system with #2 AWG wire size and 10-foot leads will result in a voltage drop of about .2 volts. Using #4 wire in the same setup would give .35 volts drop.
This Product does not include Tax and shipping costs. International shipping is subject to regulations and Import Taxation of Country of destination.
Tel: (+506) 7037-8077 or Toll Free: 1(800) 2130227
Solar Systems in United States & Latin America